Vestims® MRS Improves
Bloodflow & Skin
Vestims® MRS Reduces
A well-maintained and functioning epidermis greatly reduces the risk of pressure injuries, emphasizing the importance of skin health and function. The groundbreaking research undertaken by the University of St Mark and St John, published at PUB MED, demonstrates that 8 weeks use of the patented Squirrel Vestim's® active mattress lead to a significant improvement in SKIN HEALTH AND FUNCTION (1). All measures were taken 2-3 hours after the participant had got out of bed, demonstrating major long term physiological changes. This supports Squirrel Medicals wider research, that its products reduce the incidence of pressure ulcers.
Skin Function (1)
Following 8 weeks use of the Squirrel Vestims® MRS mattress, participants experienced long term enhancements to skin function to include.
- Endothelial Function +197% (p=0.021)
- Resting Blood Flow + 336% (p=0.003)
Research conducted by University of St Mark and St John, England.
Squirrel Vestims® Auto Active Mattress
- Shown to improve long-term skin function and general health.
- Fully Automatic weight and clinical settings for personalized comfort and support
- CLP technology for continuous low pressure.
- Auto Firm and comfort settings for customizable support and comfort
- Stable design helps prevent motion sickness and unassisted bed exits that can lead to falls
- Ability to download usage History of Use for analysis and tracking
- Patented design.
About Squirrel Medical
Squirrel Medical are one of the worlds, leading innovators, designers and manufacturers of alternating active mattresses. These class 2 a medical devices are designed to enhance blood flow to skin and underlying tissues, and so aid in the managed treatment of pressure ulcers.
Audited by SGS
Squirrel Medical is accredited to ISO13485:2016, demonstrating its competance in managing medical devices. Squirrel Medical are audited to the following standards.
- IEC 60601-1-2:2014+AMD1:2020
- IEC 60601-1-11:2015+AMD1:2020
- IEC 60601-1-6:2010+AMD1:2015+AMD2:2020
- IEC 60601-1:2005+AMD2:2020
Squirrel Medical invests significantly in research and design, has invented several novel features and holds multiple patents and intellectual property worldwide.
Squirrel Medical publishes its scientific evidence in leading peer reviewed medical journals, such as the Journal of Wound care and PubMed.
Improved Clinical Outcomes Better Regulatory Compliance Lower Costs